Washington, DC and Nyack, NY… The National Archives announces a partnership with iPHOTOART, a leading publisher and distributor of prints, posters, and other graphic materials, to produce reproductions of a variety of National Archives holdings. Through this non-exclusive agreement, prints of selected Civil War Maps, World War I and II posters, patent drawings, lighthouse drawings, and Ansel Adams photographs are now available for purchase on the iPhotoart web site www.archivesprints.com. These striking images have been painstakingly reproduced from digital files housed at the National Archives, and are embossed with the National Archives official seal.
Highlights of the initial collection include:
* Intricate maps of the Battlefield of Gettysburg and of the Battles of Bull Run
* Colorful patent drawings of an alcohol still, a flying machine, and a typewriter
* Rarely-seen World War II posters from the Committee on Public Information
* Beautifully rendered architectural drawings of Cape Canaveral and Boston Harbor lighthouses
* Stunning photographs of the Grand Canyon and Old Faithful by Ansel Adams
New images will continue to be added to the collection over the upcoming months.